Books in bookcases.
Entire books that await being read on my Kindle app, samples of books I might one day buy for my Kindle app.
Books piled on my bedside table. Books stacked on an end table that doesn’t sit at one end of a couch but between two chairs because I don’t have a couch.
Books on a desk shelf.
And all these books are vying for the coveted title of What I Will Read Next.
One of the problems with making this decision is that every single day I read about at least one other book that “sounds like something I’d like.”
Long List of Books I Might Read Next
- Letters to Camondo
- Vernon Subutex 3
- Smash Cut: A Memoir of Howard & Art & the ’70s & the ’80s
- Secondhand Time: The Last of the SovietsAll We Know: Three Lives
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle
- The Stammering Century
- Just Kids
- Zeno’s Conscience
- Twilight of Democracy: The Seductive Lure of Authoritarianism
- Atmospheric Disturbances: A Novel
- Ballad of the Anarchist Bandits: The Crime Spree that Gripped Belle Epoque Paris